Wednesday, April 23, 2008

artist satement/ proposal

example of a structural element i might use


For my final piece in visual language 2 i'm going to create a book that investigates the narrative of celebrities; the media and the masses. i think that my previous work is about investigating what others think and see (edited with my own agenda). I want to show how i think celebrities have become almost iconic and godly. i also want to explore this visually with simple design, and exasperating the surface. I want to use stars that are famous now, but also stars that have become legends like, Elvis, maryiln and others.

this peice will be in the form of a book, and will be sculptural as well as 2demisional . each page will contain a different celebrity and how i think they relate to the world .


an example of a peice i would want in the book still in progress

No comments: